In 2012 a relative of mine needed a mouse, I turned to Amazon and ordered the first thing that appeared in the results. Now, 4 years later, I’ve ordered a total of three M185 mice and would happily order it again.
The M185’s Features
- The Logitech M185 boasts Plug and Play connectivity which certainly does what it says on the tin. You simply connect the tiny USB receiver into a port on your device and it works.
- Logitech claim the M185 has a “1-year battery life” which seems to be an understatement.
- “Logitech Advanced 2.4 GHz Wireless Connectivity” You would be right for thinking that’s advertising jargon. I interpret it as “reliable and fast”.
- Available in three different colours, Red, Grey or Blue. Due to it being coloured plastic (and not painted) the colour doesn’t get worn down as with some other mice.
Logitech deliver their usual high standards with the Logitech M185 delivering a well rounded product. It’s worth mentioning that I did had an issue with one of these mice where it wouldn’t connect but the next day it was perfectly fine and has been since. Personally I use and love the Logitech MX Master purely because my hands are quite large and after multiple hours of use my hand aches with a smaller mouse.
- Cheap – At around £10 you can hardly say no.
- Multiple colour options
- Long battery life
- Reasonable range – Long enough that you couldn’t read the display!
- Decent scroll wheel
- It’s small – It might be an idea to get a larger mouse if you have large hands or use it for long periods.
- No left/right scroll wheel
- Doesn’t track on glass
Owen Nelson is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.